Thursday, December 30, 2010

Tantrums

So I'm watching the Rachael Ray show this morning...yes, I'm a male watching the Rachael Ray show. I'm unemployed. Don't judge me. Anyway, the segment is on "Adult Tantrums." Yes, adults acting like small children, losing their tempers and lashing out irrationally. A clip was just shown; picture this: A grown woman, standing outside a McDonald's drive-thru window and flipping out because they were not serving chicken McNuggets at the time she wanted them. She is yelling and even hitting the employees inside the restaurant. Repeatedly.
What is wrong with this woman? Is she mentally unstable? I think that's an understatement. Either that or she is having one of the worst days of her life, everything is crumbling around her, and she's just unleashing a rage that has been building up for a while.
I'll admit, chicken McNuggets are pretty tasty--until you are made aware of what's actually inside them. Watch "Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution" and you'll see what I'm talking about. Maybe if she saw that, she wouldn't be assaulting people to get her McNuggets. Then again, if she's the type of person who's going to do that, she probably would anyway.
If there's ever a point in one's life when one has to really take a step back and evaluate oneself, I think it's when one begins assaulting restaurant employees for not selling fake chicken at certain times.

No comments: