Sunday, December 12, 2010

Cheap Umbrellas

What is the deal with cheap, crappy umbrellas? Why are they so terribly made? I was outside in the parking lot of Stop & Shop today, putting my groceries in the trunk of the car and holding an umbrella. There was a moderate, slightly forceful wind and some slanting rain. All of a sudden, there is a gust of wind, the umbrella inverts and promptly snaps off at the handle. The broken end flips over and sticks into my shirt, right above my shoulder. It takes me about a full minute to get it out without ripping my shirt. Can you believe that? That thing could have stuck into my neck had it been a few inches to the left. I've had umbrellas snap in half before, but only in very heavy winds, and I've never had them stick into my clothing before. It's like the umbrella took on an evil mind of its own and attacked me. Manufacturer of cheap-ass umbrellas, if you are reading this, I want you to know I am very unhappy with you. All I'm going to say is that there is such a thing as karma, and it's coming for you. That is not a threat. I don't have to do anything. You will be undone by one of your own umbrellas, if there is any justice at all in this cruel world.

No comments: