Friday, May 28, 2010

Roommates and Neighbors

Who are the worst neighbors ever? Me and my roommate (one of my best friends)during our sophomore year of college were probably good candidates. I don't think we would have won, but we would have put up a fight, that's for sure. I won't lay any blame on our third roommate; he was innocent. He was quiet and courteous. We, on the other hand, crammed fifteen (15) people into our cramped room that slept three but appeared to have been built for two and a half, and belted out Kelly Clarkson songs at the top of our lungs at midnight. Well, we had fun, at least. I don't think our neighbors did.
In terms of being good roommates to each other, we did quite well. Except for the time two of us threw balled-up articles of clothing at our innocent, quiet roommate while he slept. When he woke up, it looked as though he had passed out in a laundry basket. I was overall a good roommate all through college, once I stopped hanging my sweaty jockstrap in the window directly facing my freshman-year roommate's (another one of my best friends)bed, so that the breeze brought all the odor right to his nostrils. And I was second in my class in high school? Good lord, what did the people at the bottom of the class do?

No comments: